No matter what kind of aging signs you’re facing — whether it’s wrinkles, dark spots, dullness, or lack of firmness — these best natural anti-aging serums will definitely come in handy. Natural serums not only skip chemicals and shady ingredients that can compromise your skin but are enriched with powerful anti-agers directly from Mother Nature.
- Best Overall: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Serum
- Best with Retinol: Kiehl’s Anti-Aging Retinol Serum
- Best with Retinol Alternative: Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum
- Best for Sensitive Skin: Naturopathica Plant Cell Booster Serum
- Best for Large Pores: Origins Multi-Powered Youth Serum
- Best for Dry Skin: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum
- Best for Dull Skin: Farmacy Honeymoon Glow Serum
- Best with Vitamin C: Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Serum
- Best Mutli-Tasker: Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum 2.0
- Best Exfoliator: Herbivore PRISM AHA + BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum
- Best for Night: 100% Pure Multi-Vitamin PM Serum
- Best with Resveratrol: Caudalie Resveratrol-Lift Firming Serum
- Best for Skin Barrier: Cocokind Ceramide Barrier Serum
- Best for Brightening: Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum
- Best with Peptides: Drunk Elephant Protini Powerpeptide Resurf Serum
- Best for Budget: Burt’s Bee Renewal Intensive Firming Serum
- Best with Cica: Cos de BAHA Centella Asiatica Soothing Serum
The benefits of natural anti-aging serums
As the skin ages, it becomes needier but also more sensitive to chemicals. Dryness, irritations, and a weakened protective barrier are just a part of the damage that can result from the use of harsh chemicals. At the same time, you need potent formulas to effectively keep those aging marks at bay, especially since your skin starts losing elastin and collagen. Here’s where natural serums can get the job done!
Luckily, the best natural anti-aging serums offer a gentle yet effective solution for those who want to prevent or reduce aging signs. They can keep your skin plump while restoring its youthful appearance without you having to worry about what’s inside the bottle.
How we choose the products
To find the best natural anti-aging serums, we have looked through products containing naturally sourced ingredients shown to reduce signs of aging, such as vitamin C, retinol, and niacinamide. Because we know that no formula suits everyone, we have picked products targeting different concerns related to aging skin, such as dryness, discoloration, and dullness. In this way, you can find your perfect natural anti-aging serum match according to your needs.
The best natural anti-aging serums of 2021
Are you ready to pamper your skin with natural formulas? These are the best natural anti-aging serums that can smooth fine lines and wrinkles, as well as intensify the firmness and thickness of your skin.
Best Overall: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: fruit stem cells, vitamins B5, C, E, grapeseed and jojoba oils
- Why we like it: rich in antioxidants and nourishing ingredients, and it’s cruelty-free
- Cons: the texture may feel tacky on skin
This natural anti-wrinkle serum is one of Juice Beauty’s most loved products by people whose goal is to eliminate aging signs. Since it’s infused with plenty of antioxidants coming from resveratrol, vitamin C, E, plus a blend of fruit stem cells, it’s going to add that layer of protection the skin needs to stay wrinkle-free. There’s also jojoba oil and shea butter, which role is to moisturize, and vitamin B5 to attract and bind water into the skin. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Serum is literally good at everything, and most skin types can tolerate it, making it one of the best natural anti-aging serums.
Best with Retinol: Kiehl’s Anti-Aging Retinol Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: retinol, ceramides, peptide, niacinamide, adenosine
- Why we like it: contains powerful anti-agers as well as skin-repairing ingredients
- Cons: may feel too harsh on sensitive skin
Retinol is considered the gold-standard anti-ager for a reason. Because it accelerates cell turnover and boosts collagen production, retinol is always taking the spotlight when it comes to tackling wrinkles, evening skin tone, and improving skin firmness.
Kiehl’s Anti-Aging Serum is your natural dose of pure retinol that’ll help keep your skin smooth and radiant, no matter your age. As the formula may feel too harsh for some people, this serum uses soothing ingredients such as ceramides, niacinamide, and peptides to counteract the irritating effects of retinol. They also help consolidate the skin’s protective barrier and increase skin moisture.
Best with Retinol Alternative: Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: bakuchiol, squalane, niacinamide
- Why we like it: mimics the skin-renewing effects of retinol without irritations
- Cons: the bottle pump may not get the entire product out
What about plant-derived retinol, aka bakuchiol? If your skin can’t tolerate retinol, you should definitely check this one. Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum uses the natural alternative of retinol to deliver the same anti-aging effects but with fewer irritations.
It’s doing a hell of a job at reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles while visibly enhancing the skin texture and firmness. Squalane, glycerin, and niacinamide are also taking the first three spots on the ingredient list — so it’s that skin-friendly.
Best for Sensitive Skin: Naturopathica Plant Cell Booster Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: Echinacea angustifolia cell and Buddleja davidii cell
- Why we like it: absorbs quickly and its gentle formula doesn’t cause sensitivities
- Cons: pricey
If your skin is easily reactive or sensitive, Naturopathica Plant Cell Booster Serum should be your first stop. As one of the best natural anti-aging serums, it combines the benefits of plant cells with those of natural extracts and botanical oils to visibly firm the skin and reduce wrinkles. More than that, it’s infused with antioxidants from vitamins C and E, plus lactic acid for a gentle exfoliation that’ll leave dullness in the dust and reveal a more radiant appearance.
You’d think that potent anti-aging formulas aren’t for sensitive skin, but this one actually nourishes the skin, not messing with it.
Best for Large Pores: Origins Multi-Powered Youth Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: willow bark extract, peptides, anogeissus, hyaluronic acid
- Why we like it: it’s 100% vegan and free of iritants
- Cons: Origins is not a cruelty-free brand
Origins Multi-Powered Youth Serum works to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles at deeper levels while moisturizing even the thirstiest skin. It does that thanks to peptides and anogeissus, which supports and protects the natural collagen production — the protein that maintains skin elasticity and firmness. Besides, hyaluronic acid and a cocktail of botanical oils deliver long-lasting hydration, while willow bark extract shrinks the look of large pores, thanks to its astringent properties. Do you see why it is one of the best natural anti-wrinkle serums?
Best for Dry Skin: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum
- Price: $$
- Key ingredients: hyaluronic acid, collagen, green tea extract
- Why we like it: dermatologist-tested and free of alcohol
- Cons: can leave the skin feeling sticky
When your skin is dry to the point of causing flakiness and itchiness, you know you need super-hydrating products — like this one. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum is your dose of moisture that comes in a water-based, paraben- and alcohol-free formula, so it won’t ever dry your skin. It’s one of the best natural anti-aging serums for dry skin because it is infused with replenishing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and soluble collagen, which retain moisture and help soften skin. At the same time, green tea extract, colloidal oatmeal, and aloe vera calm the skin, relieve inflammations, and combat dryness.
This natural serum promises to plump fine lines and wrinkles, address the loss of firmness, and support skin integrity — and all skin types can use it, even the most problematic ones.
Best for Dull Skin: Farmacy Honeymoon Glow Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: AHAs, hyaluronic acid, honey extract
- Why we like it: the brand is cruelty-free
- Cons: lacks powerful anti-agers
A dull skin needs more exfoliation, period. That’s why Farmacy Honeymoon Glow Serum is so awesome at resurfacing and clarifying the appearance of dull skin. It contains a crazy combination of AHAs, namely lactic, glycolic, citric, and fruit acids, that deeply exfoliates and eliminates the buildup of dead skin cells. This, in turn, results in more glow and fewer wrinkles. As one of the best natural anti-aging serums, it also includes hyaluronic acid and honey extract for moisturizing and conditioning and a bunch of antioxidants (grapeseed oil, ginger, turmeric, vitamin E) for protecting and fortifying.
Best with Vitamin C: Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: vitamin C, polyhydroxy acid, hyaluronic acid
- Why we like it: contains a high concentration of vitamin C
- Cons: can cause irritations
Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Serum uses the most potent skin lightening agent, vitamin C, mixed with anti-agers like vitamin E and hyaluronic acid to deliver intense anti-wrinkle effects while fading dark spots and dullness. Since it contains 15% vitamin C, one of the highest concentrations for daily use, it’s that effective for lightening discolorations. There’s also 5% gluconolactone, a polyhydroxy acid that helps even skin tone and improves texture by gently exfoliating the skin. Nevertheless, this high-concentrated formula may cause sensitivities in some, so make sure you’re doing a patch test before.
Best Mutli-Tasker: Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum 2.0
- Price: $$$$
- Key ingredients: willow bark extract, shea butter, hyaluronic acid,
- Why we like it: it targets all aging-related skin concerns
- Cons: pricey
Multitasking products make any skincare routine easier, especially when they are as good as Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum 2.0. It’s made with four ingredients to fight wrinkles, five ingredients to tighten the skin, three for brightening, and ten ingredients for plumping and moisturizing. Not only it’ll cut some products from your skincare routine, but it’s going to restore skin plumpness, giving you that vibrant and dewy appearance in no time. Definitely one of the best natural serums for anti-aging!
Best Exfoliator: Herbivore PRISM AHA + BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: AHAs, willow bark extract, vitamin C
- Why we like it: provides intense exfoliation and the formula gets easily abosbed, the brand is natural, vegan, and cruelty-free.
- Cons: nothing to say
Most people would agree that an anti-aging routine should include alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs). They are the powerhouses of exfoliation, and you need them to get that bouncy look back. If you still don’t have an exfoliating product in your beauty arsenal, then make Herbivore PRISM AHA + BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum next on your shopping list. Combining four naturally-derived AHAs (glycolic, lactic, tartaric, and malic), BHA willow bark extract, and vitamin C, the natural serum promises to reveal radiant, luminous, and clear skin. It’s also spiked with hyaluronic acid and aloe water to soothe rough skin.
Best for Night: 100% Pure Multi-Vitamin PM Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: vitamin C, niacinamide, retinol, coenzyme Q10
- Why we like it: high-concentrated formula filled with potent ingredients, it’s natural, vegan and cruelty-free
- Cons: may cause sensitivities
Night serums should be nourishing and filled with potent active ingredients. While you sleep, the skin regenerates the most, and at the same time, the ingredients work more effectively. Thus, it would be best if you had a balanced serum that aids in replenishing the skin while targeting aging marks. 100% Pure Multi-Vitamin PM Serum does exactly that, being touted as one of the best organic anti-aging serums for night routines. The ingredient list starts with 10% vitamin C, followed by 10% niacinamide, 10% vitamin E, 1% retinol, hyaluronic acid, squalane, and coenzyme Q10. Anti-agers? Check! Skin-identical ingredients? Check! Antioxidants? Check! Moisturizer? Check!
Best with Resveratrol: Caudalie Resveratrol-Lift Firming Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: resveratrol, hyaluronic acid
- Why we like it: fast-absorbing formula
- Cons: may not work for deeper wrinkles
Resveratrol is indeed one of the most praised anti-aging ingredients. Not only it’s a powerful antioxidant, but it also improves cellular function, calms skin, and soothes inflammation. Caudalie Resveratrol-Lift Firming Serum is one of the best natural anti-aging serums because it contains resveratrol along with hyaluronic acid, squalane, and adenosine. These ingredients work like a charm to correct aging signs, strengthen the skin barrier, and visibly plump the complexion. The serum comes with a non-comedogenic and fast-absorbing formula, and its package is 100% recyclable. More reasons to love it!
Best for Skin Barrier: Cocokind Ceramide Barrier Serum
- Price: $$
- Key ingredients: ceramides, fatty acids
- Why we like it: filled with skin-identical ingredients
- Cons: lacks potent anti-agers
A disrupted skin barrier means problematic skin, and here I’m talking about the loss of moisture, irritations, and increased sensitivity. All these could as well prematurely age the skin. So it’s always good to ensure your protective skin barrier receives what it needs to regenerate and fortify itself. Cocokind Ceramide Barrier Serum is such a great product to replenish the weakened skin barrier and defend it against external aggressors. It’s made with five types of ceramides, which mimic and support the skin’s natural barrier, plus fatty acids, squalane, and cholesterol to provide better skin protection. Finally, lactic acid is taking extra care to fight dullness and loss of firmness.
Best for Brightening: Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: vitamin C, AHAs
- Why we like it: delivers intense brightening effects and the brand is cruelty-free
- Cons: difficult to tolerate
Skin discolorations are a part of skin aging, and at some point, everyone needs a brightening serum to keep the skin even. And what’s better to get you even-toned skin than 10% vitamin C? Exactly, 20% vitamin C. Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum uses 20% vitamin C mixed with 10% AHAs to deliver intense brightening effects that’ll fade even the deepest dark spots. This killer combo also does magic at resurfacing dull skin, fighting premature skin aging, and fading hyperpigmentation. Calming ingredients such as yeast and green tea and the lack of irritants make this serum suitable for all skin types, although sensitive ones should do a patch test before going all-in.
Best with Peptides: Drunk Elephant Protini Powerpeptide Resurf Serum
- Price: $$$
- Key ingredients: peptides
- Why we like it: maintains skin integrity and supports collagen production
- Cons: can make the skin feel dry and itchy
Peptides have a crucial role in maintaining skin structure. Besides improving the skin moisture barrier, they support collagen and elastin production, which results in a significant wrinkles reduction and firmer skin. Drunk Elephant blends more than ten peptides in one of the best natural anti-aging serums. Its ultra-concentrated formula also includes 10% lactic acid to reduce the appearance of dull skin, sodium hyaluronate to deliver intense hydration, antioxidants to protect the skin, and squalane to prevent water loss. With this serum, your skin texture, radiance, bounce, and tone will move to the next level.
Best for Budget: Burt’s Bee Renewal Intensive Firming Serum
- Price: $
- Key ingredients: bakuchiol
- Why we like it: simple and effective formula
- Cons: may irritate the skin
For a budget-friendly natural anti-aging serum, Burt’s Bee Renewal Intensive Firming Serum stands out. The main star in this serum is bakuchiol, the natural alternative of retinol I was talking about earlier, followed by hyaluronic acid and tocopherol, a form of vitamin E possessing high antioxidant activities. Together they work to reduce fines lines and wrinkles and get your skin to its healthiest condition.
Best with Cica: Cos de BAHA Centella Asiatica Soothing Serum
- Price: $
- Key ingredients: centella asiatica (cica)
- Why we like it: has a gentle formula
- Cons: lacks anti-agers
If you are a K-beauty fan, you’ll definitely enjoy this one as it contains no less than 83% Centella asiatica (cica).
Centella asiatica is one of the most worshiped ingredients in K-beauty, aiding in repairing the skin, has moisturizing effects as well as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Cica also serves in anti-aging by increasing collagen production, which in turn minimizes wrinkles appearance and visibly firm the skin.
Combining cica with hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, and green tea, the serum vows to plump aging signs and give you a smooth and vibrant complexion. Besides, it comes with a clean formula including only nine ingredients, so it’s just perfect for beginners and costs no more than $10.