Most think the foundation is mainly to hide and beautify. It’s not wrong, but there’s much more a foundation can do, actually. Today foundations exist not just for the makeup-sake but for skincare too. They may contain age-defying and hydrating ingredients that can make your mature skin feel like in its 30s. Considering you use it regularly, it’s time to invest in a foundation formulated for your skin type and concern. When collagen and natural oil production decrease, menopause and hormonal changes make your skin dry, bringing out fine lines and wrinkles, you’ll want another type of foundation than in your 30s — I feel y’all! You definitely need a hydrating formula — no heavy — that blends easily into the skin, making it look fresh. With this in mind, we’ve rounded up a list of the best foundations for mature skin, from light to full coverage, creamy or liquid hydrating formulas, and infused with mature skin-loving ingredients.
- 1. Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation
- 2. By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Anti-Aging Foundation
- 3. La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation
- 4. Colorescience Tint du Soleil Foundation
- 5. Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Foundation
- 6. Amore Pacific Age Correcting Foundation
- 7. Au Naturale Zero Gravity C2P Foundation
- 8. Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation
- 9. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Foundation
- 10. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
- 11. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Foundation
- 12. Laura Geller Liquid Makeup Foundation
- 13. LORAC Sheer Porefection Foundation
What foundation should you use for mature skin?
You want a foundation that’ll cover well enough without settling into fine lines, camouflage large pores, and boost hydration while wearing it as mature skin lacks moisture. Another common issue women encounter when their skin ages is the increase of sensitivity towards toxic ingredients. Since by now you acquired absolute experience and knowledge, you know you should stay away from formulations with less age-friendly ingredients. All the foundations selected here combine age-defying elements, such as antioxidants, vitamins A, C, E, hyaluronic acid, peptides, ceramides, and botanical infusions. SPF formulas? Yes, please!
Best anti-aging foundations for mature skin over 50
Recap: good-for-skin ingredients, buildable coverage, yet lightweight, able to make wrinkles less visible without settling into them, enhancing the innate beauty of your skin — am I right? If so, here, the best foundations for mature and aging skin that’ll boost your confidence!
1. Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation
When skin ages, it loses its ability to retain moisture, leaving your skin look crepe-y. But with Chantecaille’s gel-cream texture, your skin will look plumped and hydrated. Although its formula is oil-free, it still hydrates your skin while you wear it. This foundation is excellent for mature skin also because it’s got light-reflecting pigments, revealing a naturally flawless finish. The refreshing texture contains rice, rosemary, arnica, chamomile, and aloe extracts — healthy, huh?
2. By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Anti-Aging Foundation
Reach for this foundation if you want a serum-like texture infused with ingredients that tackle aging signs, like hydrating glycerin, soybean oil, and hibiscus extract, known to gently brighten the skin. It blurs fine lines for a soft complexion, leaving a dreamy satin-matte finish. Plus, it’s got a combination of soft-focus, light-reflecting powders that smoothen skin tone to restore the look of young skin.
3. La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation
I know you think it’s pricey; so do I. But the formula is great for aging skin. No surprise, it’s made with skin-nourishing caviar, algae, ceramides, horsetail, wheat protein, ginseng, and malt, to name a few. It’s got a thick formula that ensures total coverage, being perfect to camouflage fine lines and imperfections. And you don’t only get a foundation, as it houses a full-coverage concealer too!
4. Colorescience Tint du Soleil Foundation
It wouldn’t be so much appreciated if it wasn’t great! Tint du Soleil foundation is super rich in antioxidants, vitamins, assuring 30 SPF protection against UV rays. Enriched with a 2-peptide mix, it improves your skin tone and texture without settling into fine lines. Its mousse-like consistency gives a natural-looking aspect with a very smooth finish.
5. Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Foundation
For age-defying ingredients, natural formula, and a serum-like texture, hunting is over. Juice Phyto-Pigments foundation contains resveratrol-rich grapeseed, antioxidants, vitamins, and fruit stem cells along with many other anti-aging, organic ingredients. The lightweight feeling makes it even better — definitely one of the best choices for mature skin. Give it a try, it’ll worth it!
6. Amore Pacific Age Correcting Foundation
This foundation gets a bit tech-y. Its Air Cushion technology ensures flawless application, Even-Layer Protective power to conceal pores and even out tone, and Green Miracle T, which is nothing else than tea tree extract for powerful antioxidant protection. This is what happens when the power of anti-aging face cream and the delicate texture of foundation meet — help yourself.
7. Au Naturale Zero Gravity C2P Foundation
You face dehydrated, aging skin and want a creamy, natural foundation? Here it is! C2P stands for cream to powder, meaning that it goes on the skin like a nourishing cream but finishes like a weightless powder, no fine lines settling. It revamps your skin barrier with a blend of natural ingredients, antioxidants, and botanical oils, leaving it silky-smooth and glowy. Your skin will thank you later!
8. Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation
Photoshop in a bottle — high buildable coverage, deep hydration, and sunscreen. It’s a multi-tasking foundation that’ll cover all these signs when you were a sun lover, leaving you with an even, natural finish without seeping into pores or fine lines. Thanks to the vast range of shades, it’s easy to find your perfect match; check ’em out!
9. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Foundation
The Laser Focus is an anti-aging foundation that perfectly covers wrinkles, scars, and dark spots. Also, it secures the needed protection against UV rays with its SPF 15 formula. Clinique’s product provides full coverage while being weightless and, most importantly, does not settle into fine lines or wrinkles. You can’t miss this product if you are looking for a foundation for mature skin — it’s Clinique after all!
10. Vichy Dermafinish Liquid Foundation with SPF 30
It doesn’t matter how badly aging signs reflect over your skin, Vichy’s foundation will hide each wrinkle at a point no one would notice your age. Undecane and glycerin act like skin-hydrators, while 15% titanium dioxide protects your skin against UV damage. The formula also contains Vichy’s Vichy Volcanic Water to help hydrate and fortify your skin even more. One-touch, and you’ll have full coverage without drying out your skin or have that flakey look.
11. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Foundation
Looking for a wallet-friendly foundation? Neutrogena got you covered! With a lightweight and hydrating formula, this one will make sure to moisturize and plump your skin for up to 24 hours. It doesn’t settle into fine lines, won’t clog pores, and is available in 10 shades so I’m pretty sure you’ll find something that’ll match your skin tone. Honestly, I don’t think that’s something better for this price tag!
12. Laura Geller Liquid Makeup Foundation
Each drop of this foundation is made with finely crushed pearls that act like light-diffusers for a luminous finish. Besides, it’s infused with grapeseed oil, aloe vera, and vitamin E to keep your skin hydrated and protected against oxidants. True story: it’ll give you breathable, medium to full coverage that won’t settle into wrinkles, not even after a long day — all in a single bottle.
13. LORAC Sheer Porefection Foundation
Since large pores are a common issue for mature skin, the Lorac Porefection foundation is a good pick as it aids in creating a poreless-looking finish. Let aside it protects your skin against UV with SPF 20, but it also provides anti-aging antioxidants in vitamins A and E to help keep skin hydrated and moisturized, with a youthful look. On top of that, its breathable texture covers aging spots and hyperpigmentation, having a buildable, smooth coverage with a silky finish.
Benefits of using anti-aging foundations
- It provides medium/full coverage to hide the aging signs properly. But be careful not to pick a product that settles into fine lines.
- Has UV protection as the sun rays are the main reason why the skin can prematurely age.
- It’s chemical-free and toxin-free — because the mature skin is more sensitive, you want to avoid as much as possible any chemical or toxic ingredient.
- It’s hydrating. Remember that the aging skin, is more dryer than usual, so you need to properly control the water volume within your skin layers, otherwise, you can speed up the aging process.
You might also want to read:
- 18 Effortless Ways to Prevent Wrinkles and Premature Skin Aging
- 11 Best Retinol Serums To Have In Your Anti-Aging Routine
- 11 Amazing Eye Creams for Wrinkles, Puffiness & Bags
- 15 Best Creams & Moisturizers for Aging Skin Over 50