Acne is a skin condition that causes pimples that most often occur on the face and shoulders. This skin condition occurs when pores on the surface of the skin become clogged. The pores can become clogged by substances on the surface of the skin or when the skin itself produces “plugs”.
Acne breakouts can be triggered by:
- Hormonal changes
- Use of oily skin or hair care products
- Certain medicines
How To Get Rid Of Acne Fast At Home
The first thing to considerate is to keep your skin as clean as you can. But don’t overdo it. The smart way is to use an anti-acne soap that has special properties for cleaning gently and not hurting your skin.
Other important aspects for your skin-care anti-acne routine:
- It may help to use a wash with salicylic acid or benzoyl if your skin is oily and prone to acne
- Wash once or twice a day, and especially after exercising. Avoid scrubbing or repeated skin washing
- Shampoo your hair daily, especially if it is oily, but use a product for frequent use to not damage your hair
- Comb or pull your hair back to keep the hair out of your face
- Avoid using rubbing alcohol or toners that are very drying to the skin
Acne medicines can cause skin drying or peeling. Use a water-based moisturizer that is noncomedogenic or that clearly states that is safe to use on the face and is designed for acne-prone skin. It is very common the idea that a small amount of sun exposure may improve acne slightly. But tanning mostly hides it. Some acne medicines can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, make sure you use protection every time.
Types of acne pimples
How to prevent acne scars
Do not squeeze, scratch, pick or rub pimples. This can lead to skin infections and scars. It is that simple if you believe it or not.
Also avoid touching your face, greasy cosmetics or creams and never sleep with your makeup on. Clean your face before bed!
Use Foundation For Acne-Prone Skin
Using the right makeup can make your life much easier. You need a full coverage foundation with no toxic ingredients that could harm your skin which is affected by acne. The smart choice would be to follow our article Best Foundation for Acne-Prone Skin with Full Coverage where you can find the right foundation for your skin type.
Hiding the problem while you face it is wisely. Going confident and beauty can improve your physical and emotional condition which is a vital factor for acne.
If daily skincare routine does not help in cleaning up blemishes, you can try over-the-counter acne medicines that you apply to your skin. These products may contain benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid. They work by killing bacteria, drying up skin oils.
If pimples are still a problem after you’ve tried over-the-counter medicines, your health care provider may suggest:
- Antibiotics in the form of pills or creams that you put on your skin
- Prescription gels or creams containing a retinoid to help clear up the pimples
- Hormone pills for women whose acne is made worse by hormonal changes
- Isotretinoin pills for severe acne
- A laser procedure called photodynamic therapy
- Chemical skin peeling
When to Call the Doctor
Call your health care provider or a dermatologist if:
- Self-care steps and over-the-counter medicine do not help after several months
- Your acne is very bad (for example, you have a lot of redness around the pimples, or you have cysts)
- Your acne is getting worse
- You develop scars as your acne clears up
- Acne is causing emotional stress.
Great Tips To Get Rid of Acne
Acne can be painful, annoying, itchy, and drive you crazy. However, if you don’t like the amount of acne you have you can take steps to reduce or even eliminate your acne. By following the information that you will find in this article you can achieve a smooth and clean complexion.
- If you have enlarged pores and oily skin, try applying lemon juice to the area. You should limit the use of lemon juice to only once or twice a week to avoid drying out your skin.
- Always hydrate your face with water before applying the moisturizer.
Wear a clean shirt to bed each night in order to avoid acne breakouts on your back, neck, and shoulders.
- When you are in the shower and washing your hair, tilt your head back when cleaning off your shampoo. Shampoo can sometimes stick to your face after your shower, irritating your skin and creating more acne.
- Everybody gets pimples, but the worst thing to do is pop them. Popping zits can leave scarring, redness, or cause swelling.
- Change your pillowcase everyday. Oil, bacteria, sweat and other impurities can build up on your pillowcase. Then, every time you lie down on your bed these impurities are transferred onto your skin.
- In addition to other dietary changes, you can make to target acne, consider reducing your red meat intake. Red meat is often cultivated with growth hormones. These hormones, when ingested, can disrupt your body’s natural physiologic balance.
- A good way to keep skin cleaner and less acne-prone are to keep your hands off of it. Touching your face adds unnecessary contaminants that your skin.
- Drink a lot of water. Water can help to reduce the amount of acne. Water helps by flushing the toxins out of your body. The more water you drink, the more the built-up toxins get diluted from your body and flushed out. A good amount of water to aim for is around 6-8 cups a day.
- Make a fresh mint paste. Apply it to areas affected with acne to help clear it up before you go to bed.
- In order to prevent breakouts, try to incorporate more Zinc into your diet. It is necessary for the skin’s oil-producing glands and an essential antibacterial mineral.
- .If you are concerned that your acne does not seem to be going away, make a paste by mixing cinnamon powder and honey. Put the paste on your face before you fall asleep and use warm water to rinse it away in the morning. It will not only help your acne, but it will nourish your skin, as well.
- Changing your diet is a great way to control acne. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables and including nuts and seeds in your everyday meals will help fix any deficiencies you might have in vitamins and minerals that help keep acne away.
- An important tip to consider for treating acne is to use tea tree oil. Tea tree oil will kill the bacteria that responsible for causing pimples and will help to rid you of acne. Be sure to only apply to the concerned area and apply with either a cotton ball or swab.
- Increase your vitamin A and beta carotene intake to help stop acne. Both of these nutrients, taken as supplements or eaten in foods that are high in their content, help to make skin healthier and strengthen your immune system.
- Maintaining an active lifestyle is beneficial in so many ways. Activity causes sweat and that means that your toxins are eliminated from the skin, unclogging your pores and creating a pristine look. Exercising helps to eliminate toxins from the inside out, which can build up under your skin and cause irritation and acne lesions.
- Eat one to two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds a day in order to prevent acne breakouts. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc, an essential mineral. Snack on pumpkin seeds throughout the day for spotless skin.
- Clean your cell phone and house phones regularly to avoid acne breakouts. Gently clean the screen and number pad with a damp cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine to keep your skin nice and clear. Caffeine triggers your body to produce more stress hormones.
- A great way to treat breakouts is to save your used chamomile tea bags and apply them to problem areas on your face. They will help soothe and control acne.
- You can create a facial mask by crushing an aspirin and putting it thinly on your face. Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is great for treating acne. As you are not using the aspirin for its intended purpose, it is advised that you speak with a doctor before starting this method.
- If you are having trouble with acne, pick up some garlic pieces the next time you are at the grocery store. Try rubbing them directly on your blemishes. You can also treat the skin around the pimple as well. After several applications, you should notice a difference in your skin.
- To help treat excessively oily areas of the skin, which can be prone to acne, try a potato facial. Cut a raw potato into thin slices and place the slices in oil-rich areas of the face, such as the forehead and chin. Gently rub the slices against the skin so that the potato juice saturates the skin. Leave the potato slices on the face for at least twenty minutes, then gently rinse the face with water.
- Make sure to get a lot of sleep. Whenever you get to sleep to reduce the amount of stress on your skin. This reduces the amount of blockage in your pores
- Stress is one of the most common contributors to acne breakouts. The reason for this is that stress causes the release of a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol is known to intensify acne. It can cause relatively small acne problems to turn into severe breakouts. You should, therefore, try to stay conscious of your stress levels and regularly engage in stress-relieving activities such as exercise or meditation.
- Vinegar is an effective home remedy for treating acne. Simply apply white or distilled vinegar on the affected area and leave it there for 10 minutes. The vinegar will get rid of the bacteria which is causing the acne. Make sure to dilute the vinegar with a small amount of lukewarm water before applying it to the affected skin surface.
- Use a cucumber to help you to get rid of unsightly blemishes. Mix the cucumber up into a paste and apply it like a mask on your face. Allow it to sit for approximately one hour. Not only will it help with your pimples, but it is a nice, soothing remedy for your skin as well.
- For controlling acne, don’t use face washes or cleansers with oil or perfumes in them. Oil in these products can clog pores and cause new pimples to appear.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week. It will remove the dead skin and buildup that will clog your pores and dull your complexion. Use scrubs that are specially formulated for the face and have tiny grains in it. D
- Honey and yogurt can make a great acne mask. Just mix one part honey to two parts yogurt. Apply to the entire face and leave on for about fifteen minutes. The yogurt has soothing properties and the honey has antiseptic properties. They are both wonderful for clearing your skin and keeping it fresh.
- Make a mask of egg whites. Egg whites have been known to prevent acne in some instances. Try making a facial mask out of egg whites. Leave it on for fifteen to twenty minutes before washing it off. Alternatively, you can apply egg whites directly to pimples. This will often greatly reduce redness and swelling.
- One way to prevent the clogging of pores is to use a blackhead remover. It is a little metal stick that you can purchase at any drugstore that you slide over your skin to remove any dirt or bacteria that is lodged in your pores. It is very easy to use and better than using your fingers.
- If you wear glasses or sunglasses, always make sure you clean them. Cleaning them will remove the dirt or oil that could potentially cause acne or irritations on your skin. The oil, dirt, and bacteria clog pores and are the major cause of acne. Putting clean glasses on your face can help stop acne.
- Don’t suffer alone. See a dermatologist. While many people have minor breakouts or pimples, those with true and severe acne should seek the advice of a professional. They will be able to give you the best possible defense against it with treatments, cleansers, and when necessary, prescription medications.
Did You Know That
Acne can be caused by allergies? Allergies are a natural reaction that your immune system uses to fight off something that is trying to work its way inside your body. The problem is, your body can sometimes end up fighting things it just doesn’t need to because it was incorrectly programmed to do so. An allergy specialist can help by testing to find what allergies you do have. It could be something simple, such as dairy, or it could be more complex such as the paraffin wax in your hairspray. If your allergies are bad enough, an allergist can even give you shots that help to reprogram your body so that it no longer fights the things it doesn’t need to fight.