Everyone is cautious about using shampoos with parabens, sulfates, or fragrances because we all know these can irritate our hair/scalp and reduce moisture. But there are so many other compounds found in shampoos that can affect our hair and scalp. Fortunately, you’ve got lots of natural and organic shampoos out there, ready to take care of your hair. They skip chemicals and other toxic compounds. More than that, they can reduce hair loss. Yes, there are plant extracts, herbs, and oils with mechanisms to stimulate hair growth and increase thickness. Natural shampoos are also very tolerable and gentle, and they pretty much work for all hair types, from dry curls to oily, dyed, and even thinning hair. Maybe that’s why most people don’t go back to synthetic shampoos once they’ve tried natural ones.
Organic hair growth products
People usually look for aloe vera and coconut oil, as they are great for improving the general hair condition. On the other hand, shea butter works the best to enhance hair shine, while castor oil, argan oil, biotin, saw palmetto, rosemary, tea tree, and jojoba oil can slow down hair loss. What’s great is that you can include all these in your routine with only two products. Natural shampoos and conditioners generally contain a blend of extracts, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and nutrients — all required for healthy hair growth. Some of them even contain anti-androgenetic agents, such as saw palmetto. They work by targeting the two hormones associated with hair loss: testosterone and DHT.
- 1. PURA D’OR Biotin Anti-Thinning Shampoo & Conditioner
- 2. BOTANIC HEARTH Biotin Organic Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- 3. PURA D’OR Organic Shampoo & Conditioner for Hair Growth
- 4. Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner for Hair Loss
- 5. MAJESTIC PURE Natural Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- 6. Laritelle Organic Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo + Conditioner
- 7. Dr. Hempster Organic Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo & Conditioner
- 8. Paisle Organic Shampoo for Thinning Hair Growth
- 9. Botanic Hearth Peppermint Oil Shampoo & Conditioner
- 10. Luseta Hemp Oil Complex Shampoo & Conditioner Set
- 11. Tree To Tub Organic & Natural Shampoo
- 12. PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo
12 Best Anti-Hair Loss Organic Shampoos and Conditioners
Ready to change your shampoo and conditioner? If hair loss is your concern, you may want to try these:
1. PURA D’OR Biotin Anti-Thinning Shampoo & Conditioner
PURA D’OR shampoo and conditioner addresses hair follicle growth and health with niacin, argan oil, and biotin. All of which contain incredibly beneficial vitamins and nutrients for hair and have antioxidant properties proven to detoxify the scalp. With a DHT-blocker formula, it prevents hair follicles from going dormant, which, in effect, promotes hair growth. When taken together, this combo can help to grow hair and improve bounce and volume overall.
2. BOTANIC HEARTH Biotin Organic Shampoo and Conditioner Set
If long, lustrous hair is what you want, then you can try the biotin shampoo and conditioner set by Botanic Hearth. It’s made with ingredients that promote hair strength and elasticity, like shea butter and apple cider vinegar. The shampoo itself is a highly effective cleanser that practically decimates dandruff from the scalp, while the conditioner promotes intense moisture. Any possibility of hair breakage or fizziness that might happen is precluded. In our experience, this shampoo and conditioner set work great to soften hair for lustrous locks.
3. PURA D’OR Organic Shampoo & Conditioner for Hair Growth
Do you want more biotin in your shampoo? Then this one is definitely for you. The ingredients are twice as concentrated, aiming to strengthen and thicken hair. It’s worth mentioning that this Pura D’or formula is underpinned by 17 active DHT blockers combined in order to nourish and revitalize the hair. This includes Pygeum bark extract, rosemary, red Korean seaweed, saw palmetto, nettle extracts, and He Shou Wu. All these elements are in addition to natural extracts like tea tree, black cumin seed oil, hibiscus, clary sage, cedarwood, biotin, and argan oil. Professional grade, and USDA-approved, this formula uses natural preservatives to maintain the ingredients in their peak and most potent state over time. It’s a great deal, so you better check it out!
4. Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner for Hair Loss
Enjoy the intense moisture that leaves your hair smooth, lush, and soft with the Pure Nature combo. It lathers the hair in rich hydration, and it works for both color-treated and keratin-treated hair. You’ll be glad to know that it has thermal protectant and UV protection locked in for additional protection against external aggressors. As such, it’s great for use during harsh winter conditions. Free from all phthalates, sodium, parabens, sulfates, gluten, or chloride, this shampoo and conditioner set is suitable for most hair types, including fine, wavy, curly, and frizzy hair.
5. MAJESTIC PURE Natural Shampoo and Conditioner Set
There’s a reason why Majestic Pure sells so much. It combines effective ingredients that include nourishing coconut and moisturizing avocado to get your hair to its best condition. Both products are sulfate-free and cruelty-free and have been shown to remove sebum build-up, dandruff, frizz, and itchy scalp, issues that can lead to hair fall. Suitable for all hair types and for color-treated hair. No wonder why people love it!
6. Laritelle Organic Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo + Conditioner
Like most Laritelle products, this combo doesn’t disappoint even the highest expectations. Infused with a unique formula, Laritelle includes pure ingredients, such as argan oil, cedarwood, ginger, lemongrass, and rosemary, all working together to stop hair loss. Even more, there is jojoba oil, another well-known hair-strengthening natural agent that deeply moisturizes hair to promote sheen and volume. It’s also rich in vitamins and minerals that help with several ailments, including the itchy scalp.
7. Dr. Hempster Organic Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo & Conditioner
Dr. Hempster shampoo uses a powerful combination of the most potent ingredients, such as biotin, saw palmetto, wheat protein, argan oil, and hemp oil, to offer everyone the best experience. It helps stop hair loss, enriches and revitalizes the hair while leaving you with a pleasant tingly sensation after each use. Don’t worry if you notice additional hair loss at the beginning. The active ingredients get rid of the older and weaker hair in order to grow new and healthier ones.
PS: This product does not dry out the hair.
8. Paisle Organic Shampoo for Thinning Hair Growth
Paisle perfectly combined the finest high-grade ingredients, such as rosemary, aloe vera, saw palmetto, coconut oil, castor oil, and biotin, to create a formula capable of stopping hair loss. It works for all hair types, and it smells amazing. Not just that Paisle’s products sell well, but everyone seems to love them and has some really great words about this combo. Check it out while it’s still available because their stock is limited.
9. Botanic Hearth Peppermint Oil Shampoo & Conditioner
Made with 100% pure peppermint oil, the Botanic Hearth set includes a refreshing hair cleanser and a conditioner enriched with a blend of nourishing and therapeutic ingredients to promote long and thick hair. Peppermint oil has been proven to stimulate hair growth after 4 weeks of daily administration. Gentle enough for daily use and safe for color-treated hair, this hair care mix also contains biotin, coconut oil, tea tree oil, and rosemary extract. How could you ask for more?
10. Luseta Hemp Oil Complex Shampoo & Conditioner Set
Luseta crafted a powerful and natural blend with hemp oil, peppermint, and green tea, which stimulates hair growth, prevents breakage and moisturizes hair. Enriched with argan oil, it helps restore necessary nutrients into every strand and repair damaged hair and split ends at the same time. Ideal for all hair types, specially created for weakened hair, Luseta Complex aids in strengthening, repairing, and nourishing the hair and scalp, so that you don’t have to face hair loss anymore.
Editor’s Top Choices
11. Tree To Tub Organic & Natural Shampoo
While this shampoo works great for everybody, it also addresses thinning, balding hair, and damaged follicles. You may use it for a deep scalp detox as well. Tree To Tub knows that the key to having strong, healthy hair is treating it with the right ingredients, so they’ve created this powerful yet gentle product. First of all, it does not contain water as a base, but Soapberry creamy pH-balanced leather. The organic aloe vera, rosemary, sage, and tea tree oil calm and soothe the scalp, while organic argan oil, saw palmetto, caffeine, biotin, niacin, vitamin A, B5, C, and D nourish brittle strands and help prevent hair loss.
12. PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo
PURA D’OR brings us another certified organic shampoo that targets hair loss with biotin, natural extracts, and essential nutrients, like argan oil, cedarwood, clary sage, hibiscus, black cumin seed oil, and tea tree. There’s not much to say about this shampoo, just that it’s excellent for hair loss!
Benefits of using organic shampoos for hair loss
- Because organic shampoos contain only natural ingredients they have little to no side effects that may worsen your hair loss condition.
- Natural ingredients are much more gentle than chemical compounds thus they work for all hair types, including sensitive and damaged hair/scalp.
- Organic shampoos skip any toxic elements such as parabens and sulfates.
- They are rich in extracts, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and nutrients.
- Natural shampoos will hydrate, condition, nourish, repair your scalp and hair so it won’t be prone to breakage again.
- They are unlikely to cause dryness, itching, or irritations.
- They won’t make your hair greasy.
You might also want to read:
- 9 Tips About How to Wash Thinning Hair to Combat Hair Loss
- 9 Best Redensyl Products for Hair Growth
- Stop Hair Loss with Capixyl: 10 Best Capixyl Products
- Procapil for Hair Growth: Everything You Need to Know
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18498466/ published in 2001 January by J Bellare
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458934/ published in 2015 May by Paschal D’Souza and Sanjay K Rathi