Most women are constantly looking for tricks and beauty products that help them stay beautiful, and most importantly, help them be confident.
Fortunately, several ingenious home beauty treatments could help us to improve our routine and look radiant at all times.
Home Beauty Treatments
Before resorting to any of these natural personal beauty alternatives, it’s recommended that you consult a health professional — dermatologist, nutritionist, or doctor.
Of course, this is extremely necessary if there is a health problem; furthermore, it will help to avoid possible allergies or side effects.
Hair gels help to achieve better hairstyles and to give a better shape to your hair.
But many gels contain powerful chemicals for the hair and can end up weakening it to the point of making it fall out, and we know you want to avoid that by all means.
To achieve the same effect of the gel, but without taking any risks, it’s believed that using some unflavoured gelatin dissolved in water and applying it to the hair, from the middle to the ends, is beneficial.
If your hair is curly, it’s recommended to squeeze it to give it movement.
If you are looking for a different way to moisturize your skin and even your hair, coconut milk can be a great solution. Several pieces of research are cited when listing the benefits of this product in that sense.
The coconut milk has soothing properties and helps to moisturize the skin. Apply it all over your skin before going to bed and enjoy all its benefits — so smooth!
Pimples are one of the most common skin disorders and can affect us at any time.
If you suffer from pimples and want to get rid of them, it’s advised to apply a natural yogurt mask to your complexion.
Some popular beliefs indicate to do it every night before sleeping, let it dry and remove it the next day. However, we suggest consulting your dermatologist before doing so.
The truth is that there are many studies that partially confirm the benefits of consumption and the topical use of fermented products such as yogurt.
Vaseline for your routine
A product as cheap as Vaseline can help you every day to:
- Moisturize your skin and lips, according to studies that partially confirm its effectiveness
- Also to strengthen your eyelashes, according to popular belief
- Finally, to remove make-up, also according to its most widespread uses historically
Traditionally, its use consists of applying it directly to the desired area. As in all other cases, we recommend consulting a dermatologist before resorting to this natural remedy.
Strengthen and care for the nails
If you have fragile, brittle, and stained nails, just dip them in lemon juice or a little warm olive oil, for five minutes, every day.
It should be noted that while both ingredients have skincare related effects, their effectiveness when it comes to nail care beyond psoriasis treatment has not been proven.
To look radiant, soft, and hydrated, perform a face and body peel at least once a week.
- You will stimulate the removal of dead skin cells
- You will close your pores
- You will avoid premature aging
For silkier and longer eyelashes, popular beliefs indicate applying a little olive oil every night from the root to the tips. Its effectiveness has not been proven by science, but a lot of women confirmed its efficacity.
If you suffer from excess oil in your hair and want to have a softer hair, you could follow the following preparation extended in the popular belief:
- First, squeeze the juice from four lemons
- Then, dissolve it in two liters of water
- Finally, rinse your hair with this liquid, after shampooing
Untangling the hair
If you want hair that’s easier to comb, silky, and shiny, it’s said that applying a good amount of mayonnaise all over your hair and scalp could work.
However, it’s not a scientifically proven method, and some dermatologists have even advised against its use in academic publications.
Close your skin pores
To close the pores of the skin and prevent annoying blackheads, you could try mixing the juice of half an orange with half a glass of mineral water and spreading the juice all over the face.
This is a traditional recipe that has not been scientifically confirmed, but the astringent properties of the oranges might be the explanation.
It’s also a common method used by women in India.
There are also popular natural remedies to prevent the appearance of wrinkles. One of them (also not scientifically proven) is the combination of raw potato and chamomile.
If you’re worried about early wrinkles, grate a raw potato and mix it with chamomile tea. Apply the resulting paste to the entire face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
To make hair grow
Do you want to have long hair? This is the dream of many women whose hair does not grow so fast, or that they dry out their ends and have to cut it too many times, without letting it grow free.
If you feel this is your situation, it won’t hurt to give your hair a little help to accelerate the growth process.
Our team blog showed an ideal recipe for those who want to move on to having beautiful and endless hair in a short time. Best of all, it contains only three ingredients that you will surely have at home.
Homemade recipe for hair growth
- A few drops of Rosemary essential oil
- 2 teaspoons of Castor oil
- 2 to 3 Aloe Vera leaves
Step by step
- Wash the Aloe leaves well. Remove the juice from the inside and pour it into a blender
- Add the two other ingredients to the mixture and mix well
- Apply to the roots and leave for 30 to 45 minutes
- For rinsing, use anti-fall shampoo
This procedure should be performed 2 or 3 times a week and will help you enjoy healthy hair that won’t need cutting as often.
Other Beauty Tricks You Can Try
- To achieve a natural tan, apply coconut oil to your skin and eat a carrot daily because of the phytonutrients it contains that aid in skincare.
- If you have woken up with puffy eyes and dark circles under your eyes, put on a few cold spoons for a few minutes to reduce the swelling. The application of cold is widely used to reduce inflammation.
- For healthier and more rested feet, immerse them in a bucket of water and a few drops of lavender essential oil, whose analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects have been scientifically proven.
- For soft, moisturized hair, apply an avocado mask from the roots to the ends.
- Avoid frequent use of hairdryers and straighteners to maintain good hair health.
- If you want to strengthen your nails, popular beliefs recommend preparing a crushed garlic polish and applying several layers.
You might also be interested in:
- K-Beauty: What You Need To Know About Korean Skin Care
- 5 Awesome Reasons You Should Keep Coconut Oil Nearby
- 8 Beauty Tricks Before an Important Date