I know you know a lot about beauty and care, but there’s always something new you can learn. Hence, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite beauty tips and hacks that’ll save you a lot of time and money. For hair, skin, nails, it’s all here; with easy-to-find ingredients and simple steps, you’ll love ’em!
Home beauty treatments
In times of lockdown, more and more of us seek ways to pamper the skin at home with simple ingredients found in our kitchens or just a click away.
If you’re looking for a different way to moisturize your skin and even your hair, coconut oil is a great solution. This 2018 study evaluated the effects of virgin coconut oil on the skin, concluding that it’s useful in strengthening barrier function, increasing epidermal protein, and skin moisture. It’s no secret that coconut oil has soothing properties and moisturizes the skin profoundly and healthily. Apply it all over your body every time after shower or bath and enjoy all its gains — so smooth!
Pimples are one of the most annoying skin concerns and can mess up with our mood at any time. So if you have blemishes and want to get rid of them, you can apply a natural yogurt mask (or any of those homemade acne masks) to your complexion for 20 minutes. Research proves that probiotics are thought to help fight P.acnes bacteria, a leading cause of inflammatory acne. BTW you can mix with a bit of turmeric, aloe vera, or honey — for antioxidant, antibacterial and hydrating properties. And did you already purchase a LED mask to help you fight acne?
Vaseline for your routine
A product as simple as Vaseline can help you every day to:
- Seal in the moisture of skin and lips — it’s an occlusive agent.
- To strengthen eyelashes, according to popular belief.
- Finally, to remove makeup. Since it’s petroleum-based, it dissolves most kinds of makeup, and it’s also safe for the eye area. Yes, it removes waterproof mascara too!
Two tips for stronger and brighter nails
If you have fragile, brittle, and stained nails, just dip them in lemon juice or warm olive oil for five minutes every day for a week and once weekly afterward. Olive oil is intensely moisturizing and easily absorbed into the skin and nails, helping strengthen them. Lemon juice aids in brightening your nails and removing stains, while vitamin C promotes stronger nails.
So that your skin looks soft and hydrated, do a face and body scrub at least once a week. Do you need reasons?
- You will remove dead skin cells
- It helps shrink your pores
- You’ll avoid premature aging
- Products get better absorbed into the skin
Your body will love you for an antioxidant-rich coffee scrub.
For silkier and longer eyelashes, apply a drop of almond oil every night from the root to the tips of your lashes. Almond oil is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, vitamin E, and fatty acids, all of those being needed for hair follicles to continue growing and strengthening. This is not something proved by science, but many people praise it, so why not?
If you’re dealing with excess oil in your hair, you can follow this traditional tip. First, squeeze the juice from 3-4 lemons and dissolve it in two liters of water, to which you add the gel of 1-2 aloe vera leaves. Rinse your hair with the liquid after shampooing. Make sure you massage the mixture into your scalp, too. Lemon juice may help absorb excess oils due to the citric acid, while aloe vera aids in removing excess sebum, cleanses product buildup, and soothe the scalp.
Apple cider vinegar can help detangle knots from your hair, as it acts as a natural conditioner. Blend ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water and rinse your hair with the mixture. Follow up by rinsing your strands with lukewarm water. Coconut oil also does excellent at removing hair knots. Smear slightly warm coconut oil on the knots and comb with a wide-tooth comb, preferably made out of wood. These tips will help you detangle your tresses without pain or breakage!
Close your skin pores
To help shrink your skin’s pores and prevent annoying blackheads, you could try mixing the juice of half an orange with half a glass of mineral water and spreading the mixture all over your face. This is a traditional recipe that has not been scientifically confirmed, but the oranges’ astringent properties might be the explanation.
To make hair grow
Long and dense hair is the dream of many whose hair does just not grow fast. If this is your case, it won’t hurt to give your hair a little help to boost the growth process; try this recipe. Best of all, it contains only three ingredients, easy to find.
- A few drops of rosemary essential oil
- Two teaspoons of castor oil
- Two aloe vera leaves
Step by step
- Wash the aloe leaves well. Remove the gel from the inside and pour it into a blender.
- Add the two other ingredients and mix.
- Apply to your hair roots and leave on for 30-45 minutes.
- For rinsing, use anti-fall shampoo.
Do this 2-3 times a week, and soon you’ll enjoy healthy, long hair. OFC, besides, quit these habits.
Other Beauty Tricks You Can Try
- To get a natural tan, apply coconut oil to your skin and eat a carrot daily. It might sound funny, you no Bugs Bunny, but the beta-carotene in carrots it’s likely to increase shift in skin tone.
- If you wake up with puffy eyes and dark circles, put on a few cold spoons for a few minutes to reduce the swelling.
- For healthier and more rested feet, immerse them in a bucket of water and a few drops of lavender essential oil, whose analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects have been proven.
- For soft, moisturized hair, apply an avocado mask from the roots to the ends once weekly.
- Avoid frequent use of hairdryers and straighteners to maintain good hair health.
- If you want to repair your nails, popular beliefs recommend rubbing your fingernails with a sliced piece of garlic. Garlic is rich in selenium, which can strengthen nails.